Ad Above Message List

WheelieBoot

ToTW Winner
HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
TracFone/VZ
Device(s)
LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
I just saw a smartwatch someone was wearing that she says tracks her pulse/ heart beat. She paid $80. I've seen cheap smart watches on Walmart around $20-$30. They pair with the cellphone to show texts, calls, etc.

I know nothing about smart watches. Any recommendation for a cheap one that follows heartbeat, pulse, etc?

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

You will get better feedback if you found one and asked questions about it. Never forget that such health/fitness tracking watches are only for screening purposes and should not be a substitute for visiting your doctor.

A popular brand of watch at a lower cost is FitBit. While I like the Samsung, Apple is very popular they are both pricey. It depends on what you are willing to spend I can't suggest a specific make or model device. Try an internet search to get comparison for the most popular models. Best wishes.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
For basic health tracking plus notifications you can't go wrong with a Mi Band 4 or 5. The 5 was recently released, so the 4 may be cheaper and is almost as good.

For basic health tracking plus notifications you can't go wrong with a Mi Band 4 or 5. The 5 was recently released, so the 4 may be cheaper and is almost as good.
Thanks, acurrie. I looked that one up and found this Mi 4 at Walmart as well as some others along that line. Says it monitors heart rate, something about blood pressure. Looks like it does everything and then some. I'm going to study up on these slick little devices.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/M4-Smart...VN6NxP_GJVoE9l48fPCXpT1yK3WdpD4QaAreaEALw_wcB

Naturally I wouldn't bet my life on the reads it gives, just a general idea. But the digital cuffs the nurses use will sometimes give 3 different readings anyway. Wish they'd use the old type cuffs, I think they're more accurate.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

So far the cheaper smart watch tracking device reviews don't sound real great for reliability.

I asked some nurses what they thought and they didn't necessarily think they could be relied on for accuracy. One whose opinion I trust said she has to compare readings between digital devices to be sure the numbers are acceptable even for the ones she uses. Digital blood pressure cuff, oxygen meter, in particular. I've seen my readings with the digital cuff change three times with three tries one following the other.

I'm not sure if the tracking watch would be more accurate even if a more expensive brand.

I'm probably better off just getting my own blood pressure cuff instead of a tracker /smartwatch.

I don't really need it for dishing text or call alerts if my phone is usually nearby.

It sure sounded like a slick device though.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
Back