Have question about using an Old Cricket phone on H20 Service

UPDATE: Okay guys I have an update and I need advice and help!

The Cricket service rep that I spoke with yesterday was trying to pull up my mother in laws account by her old phone number she had with them and that is why the PIN I was giving him was NOT WORKING. I kept asking him to pull up her old account by her name or the IMEI number and he refused to do it. Come to find out that they have given her old phone number to someone else because that person called my husband today because when looking for her number yesterday he accidentally clicked on the number in his phone and it dialed it and he hung up. So if they have given her old number to someone else then that WILL EXPLAIN why this rep couldn't access her old account with our PIN!!:

Makes sense eh??!!

So now I need to know what to do next.. please help..

After looking at used phones on ebay just like this one we would really rather use this one if we can get it unlocked because we know what we have with this one versus a used one that might not have good battery life or other issues.

There's nothing else you can really do if you're not willing to switch to Cricket to use the phone unfortunately. It sucks but that's just the way that it is.

I would not buy on eBay, I would buy on Swappa.

I think you should file a complaint with the FCC. It's not difficult, and it does get results. Filing an FCC complaint worked really well to get an AT&TPrepaid phone unlocked, so I think it will work with Cricket too. The online form is at: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/

If there's any possibility of putting an H2O Sim in the phone and using it, like I said in a previous post you can pay $10 for 3 months of paygo service just to test the phone with an H2O Sim and that's the cheapest thing I know of.

If it won't activate or it goes out of service very briefly after activating then it probably means that the IMEI is tied up somehow and showing as locked to Cricket.

But I use locked AT&T phones on H2O.

You would only be out the $10 if it didn't work but if it does work then you can use the phone on H2O.

You can purchase the Sims at the H2O website if you don't have a store in your vicinity that sells them.

Rite Aid used to sell them in our vicinity. There are probably a number of other stores that sell H2O Sims for the 90-day paygo plan.

https://www.h2owireless.com/plan/minute

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

If there's any possibility of putting an H2O Sim in the phone and using it, like I said in a previous post you can pay $10 for 3 months of paygo service just to test the phone with an H2O Sim and that's the cheapest thing I know of.

If it won't activate or it goes out of service very briefly after activating then it probably means that the IMEI is tied up somehow and showing as locked to Cricket.

But I use locked AT&T phones on H2O.

You would only be out the $10 if it didn't work but if it does work then you can use the phone on H2O.

You can purchase the Sims at the H2O website if you don't have a store in your vicinity that sells them.

Rite Aid used to sell them in our vicinity. There are probably a number of other stores that sell H2O Sims for the 90-day paygo plan.

https://www.h2owireless.com/plan/minute

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

It 100% will not work. Phones locked to Cricket only work with Cricket. AT&T allows their phones to be used on MVNOs on their network but MVNO phones are locked to the MVNO.

...The Cricket service rep that I spoke with yesterday was trying to pull up my mother in laws account by her old phone number she had with them and that is why the PIN I was giving him was NOT WORKING. I kept asking him to pull up her old account by her name or the IMEI number and he refused to do it...
I say call another 2-3 CSRS before giving up.

Thanks guys but it was a NO GO... There was nothing that I could do. I called and spoke with Cricket CS again and was on the phone with them for an hour and they could NOT unlock the phone. They submitted a ticket and said that I should receive a call back or an email but it never came. I called and talked to the manager in the town 30 minutes away from me and explained everything to her. She tried to help even speaking to 2 District Managers and an inside person at Cricket and they all 3 told her that it would not be possible to unlock the phone since so much time had passed meaning 1 year.

It is so ironic to me that you have to have service with a phone for at least a certain amount of time to be able to unlock it. I never thought that there would be a time after that which it would be considered too long. So the phone is just a shiny excellent looking paperweight at this point. :(

I ended having to go to Ebay and purchase a $$ unlocked phone for the hubby to use on H2O.. It should be shipped out to us this week. It is the exact same phone- Motorola G Stylus 5G..

@Wheelieboot, I stated in this thread how we did try putting the H2O sim in the phone but it would not recognize it or work so that option didnt work either and it was because the phone was still locked to Cricket..

Back