New Add-a-line bonus - 4,000 points

Ad Above Message List
Two weeks into the month have they fixed things yet? Anyone automatically getting the full 4000 adding a line through chat or online?

I think I may be the only one who has gotten an AAL this month so far. Feels very lonely.

I received a call back from my FCC complaint yesterday. The person said they are working with the Miami TF office and will call me back within 72 hours. They admitted that others are complaining about this, but that's about all she said.

They changed AAL from 4,000 points back to 500 points! Slick.

Capture.JPG

new.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1
I am on pretty good terms with Tracfone. I have a preloaded 1 year sim with 1200-1200-1.2GB and a year of service. I have an old Moto G7 that is unlocked and has never been activated on Tracfone. It sounds like activating a new line to your account will not work even by having a CSR load it to your account for you.

Is my best option to activate the new line through my tracfone account and contact CSR about the missing 4k in points. I got the email for the 4,000 point offer from Tracfone. I don't even know if my sim with a year of service and minutes will still work. I think it's 3 or 4 years old.

I am on pretty good terms with Tracfone. I have a preloaded 1 year sim with 1200-1200-1.2GB and a year of service. I have an old Moto G7 that is unlocked and has never been activated on Tracfone. It sounds like activating a new line to your account will not work even by having a CSR load it to your account for you.

Is my best option to activate the new line through my tracfone account and contact CSR about the missing 4k in points. I got the email for the 4,000 point offer from Tracfone. I don't even know if my sim with a year of service and minutes will still work. I think it's 3 or 4 years old.

I'm not sure if your sim will work either. But as far as AAL goes, I think i would try to have chat rep activate the new device as a new line and add it to the account. Ask rep for transation reference or ticket number and copy paste chat text into text file and save. Pending AAL normally should show immediately.

I got the 4k aal bonus after trying to have chat rep add the device to my account unactivated to see if pending aal would appear. Didin't work Activating it didn't work. I called TF corp office and got lucky I guess since I got the 4k added without much drama.

Now the promo has been removed from the site. It is very unusual for that to happen mid month. I"m not sure what they are doing but seems they may have eliminated it and reduced it back to 500 even though according to related material it should be on until end of May.

If you don't get the 4k aal, you could try as others do here... call TF corp, contact BBB and FCC etc.

Last edited:
Add the line, likely you will at most get 500 points. Call to a CSR won't be that useful. Nobody I've talked had any documentation about such a promo and wouldn't add the points.

So expect you'll need to file a complaint with the FCC or BBB. Send in a copy of the email with the terms and the date the offer was made. I have a complaint with the FCC and TF is reviewing the information now. But no resolution yet.

I'm not sure if your sim will work either. But as far as AAL goes, I think i would try to have chat rep activate the new device as a new line and add it to the account. Ask rep for transation reference or ticket number and copy paste chat text into text file and save. Pending AAL normally should show immediately.

I got the 4k aal bonus after trying to have chat rep add the device to my account unactivated to see if pending aal would appear. Didin't work Activating it didn't work. I called TF corp office and got lucky I guess since I got the 4k added without much drama.

Now the promo has been removed from the site. It is very unusual for that to happen mid month. I"m not sure what they are doing but seems they may have eliminated it and reduced it back to 500 even though according to related material it should be on until end of May.

If you don't get the 4k aal, you could try as others do here... call TF corp, contact BBB and FCC etc.
The deal on the sim is that you need to bring in a device that is new to Tracfone. My G7 was bought unlocked brand new from a retail store. The sim is from Tracfone and I think I paid $20 for it a few years back. From my experience and what others have said. Tracfone sims loaded with minutes and data never expire.

I want to get a Iphone SE 2022. I have 11,000 rewards points and the 4K would give me an additional discount on the phone price. Can you use the 15% off coupon when using points to buy a phone from Tracfone?

The deal on the sim is that you need to bring in a device that is new to Tracfone. My G7 was bought unlocked brand new from a retail store. The sim is from Tracfone and I think I paid $20 for it a few years back. From my experience and what others have said. Tracfone sims loaded with minutes and data never expire.

I want to get a Iphone SE 2022. I have 11,000 rewards points and the 4K would give me an additional discount on the phone price. Can you use the 15% off coupon when using points to buy a phone from Tracfone?

No you can't combine coupons with phone reward discounts. I don't think 15% coupon works at all with this phone.

No you can't combine coupons with phone reward discounts. I don't think 15% coupon works at all with this phone.
I have the Iphone SE2 (2020) 128GB model. There is no rush. That's why I want to add another line to get another 4K in points. That would give me a bigger discount on the 2022 model.

I have the Iphone SE2 (2020) 128GB model. There is no rush. That's why I want to add another line to get another 4K in points. That would give me a bigger discount on the 2022 model.

I have a red SE3 128 GB model from Apple and also a black SE3 64 GB model from Apple. I use the black SE3 as one line and a black SE2 as another line. I keep the red SE3 as a backup. I have 4 more SE2s but 2 of them are for a friend and the other 2 are backups.

The SE3's were very difficult to activate but i was able to get both of them activated via an offline network support rep who manually paired the IMEI and sim and got them working. Took a while.

Maybe TF will sell a refurbed SE3 at some point. TF's refurbs are very good and worth getting.

I have a red SE3 128 GB model from Apple and also a black SE3 64 GB model from Apple. I use the black SE3 as one line and a black SE2 as another line. I keep the red SE3 as a backup. I have 4 more SE2s but 2 of them are for a friend and the other 2 are backups.

The SE3's were very difficult to activate but i was able to get both of them activated via an offline network support rep who manually paired the IMEI and sim and got them working. Took a while.

Maybe TF will sell a refurbed SE3 at some point. TF's refurbs are very good and worth getting.
I got a Iphone 6 from Tracfone several years ago for $48. It was brand new old stock. I have no problem paying for phones. Some people just want to use rewards points but I do not have the time to play the Tracfone rewards points game. I got the SE2 for $99 and I got $14 in credits from my credit card so it was $76 for the 128GB version.

I will keep an eye out for Iphone SE3 refurbs. Thanks!

I received another call back from TF regarding the FCC complaint. They claim that the Miami office will add the points within 72 hours. They will check back with me on Thursday to see if the points are added so they can close the complaint out. We shall see...

The points might get added

but if they also actually make that followup call I will be gobsmacked

The points might get added

but if they also actually make that followup call I will be gobsmacked
Because they have to officially close out the complaint, that should increase the likelihood that I get a callback. Yes, typically callbacks are promised by CSRs and aren't done. But it seems the complaint has some weight as far as getting a response.

The number they're calling from has a Caller ID of Verizon. I remember previous responses to complaints were done from the Miami corporate office. So maybe Verizon umbrella is handling complaints now. However, it's clear they still have to ask Miami corporate to resolve the issue.

I received a call from the person handling the FCC complaint that the other 3,500 points were added today which I confirmed. They apologized that it took longer than 72 hours to resolve the issue.

The whole thing is ridiculous that they put their customers through this. But at least the FCC complaint still works.

Back