New Unlimited Browsing option

Looking for a way to stream some music...

Is there a twisted way (mix of autoproxy/ssh tunel...) to make Shoutcast works for exemple?

This is what I miss the most...

Any one have found an Android streaming app that only need port 80...?

Total bullsh..t. I've subscribed to the Petro Canada "unlimited" plan at $50 per month. I told a lot of friends that this was the best plan in Canada today, even helped them get set up with a better Smartphone than PC has available. Now, Petro-Canada mobility has cut back a lot of data service we got two weeks ago and that's not fair. Give us our data back PC, or we're leaving. I know you admins and service reps are watching this thread. And to you who are working for Rogers Wireless, screw off, a deal is a deal.

No offense but Petro offered unlimited mobile browsing, so unless that stopped working I don't know why you are mad. The "bonus" of everything working is as I said a bonus and not something you were ever entitled too.

Total bullsh..t. I've subscribed to the Petro Canada "unlimited" plan at $50 per month. I told a lot of friends that this was the best plan in Canada today, even helped them get set up with a better Smartphone than PC has available. Now, Petro-Canada mobility has cut back a lot of data service we got two weeks ago and that's not fair. Give us our data back PC, or we're leaving. I know you admins and service reps are watching this thread. And to you who are working for Rogers Wireless, screw off, a deal is a deal.

Deal is a deal? You do know this was an error. Unlimited Browsing was suppose to be just "unlimited browsing", apps aren't suppose to work. You are only suppose to be able to surf on your phone, that's it.

Blame Rogers for opening up all the ports by accident for the last few weeks, they run the cell network.

Hi I have been reading posts and post for days and days and finally got myself an lg optimus one. I rooted it and set up proxydroid. I have been changing proxys back and forth and have 2 problems.
1. I just want my google maps and
2. I want weather apps such ast fox4weather to be able to work when not on a wifi connection.
When I am on the road the map comes in handy and if the power goes out I need to be able to see the radar loops. etc. . I don't want to eat up data per say, just use these when I need them. That is actually what I bought this phone for. I already have a gsm only phone. I wonder how much data does a radar loop take up? hmmm
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get at least 2 apps to work on this system.?
My apps do work on wifi but do not finish or continue to upload properly on the proxy.
Thanks in advance.

Hi I have been reading posts and post for days and days and finally got myself an lg optimus one. I rooted it and set up proxydroid. I have been changing proxys back and forth and have 2 problems.
1. I just want my google maps and
2. I want weather apps such ast fox4weather to be able to work when not on a wifi connection.
When I am on the road the map comes in handy and if the power goes out I need to be able to see the radar loops. etc. . I don't want to eat up data per say, just use these when I need them. That is actually what I bought this phone for. I already have a gsm only phone. I wonder how much data does a radar loop take up? hmmm
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get at least 2 apps to work on this system.?
My apps do work on wifi but do not finish or continue to upload properly on the proxy.
Thanks in advance.

Have you tried Autoproxy? http://forums.redflagdeals.com/speakout-data-android-calling-all-users-tips-tricks-1053209/

use autoproxy ... many apps work like
Weather apps
Whats apps
Sirius XM
Skype ...
and many more ...

Ok, I am a complete and total girl when it comes to electronics.
I have this so called unlimited browsing on my petrocan plan. I have a locked to Rogers, Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. I've played around with APN settings and it still won't work.
Help.

ok I got the openvpn server and guizmovpn working.

you need a computer at home (etc) that is turned on when you need to browse.

Note: Max. download speeds is the limit based on your "upload" speed. ie: if you are on a Rogers Express, your max speed is 512kbps (not 18M, or your 3G download speed)

Use tcp port 443 only, if you use port 80, the wap proxy would try to "modify"(compress,etc) your content and it would not work.
Because 443 is encrypted (https), the wap proxy can't modify it, else that would breach security and the VPN connection will not work because the data is modified (fails crc check). - In theory anyway.. haven't try port 80 myself

Proxy is port 80, then you open another port 443 inside the port 80 (I am not sure what other ports are open. (don't know how to do port scan within a proxy))

If you are using XP as server, you can use older version of OpenVPN,
If you use windows 7 or newer, you need to use latest version of OpenVPN, else the ICS will not work.
(didn't use linux, too complex)

Need jb ipad/iphone. The guizmopn crk is incomplete, but its not that hard to fix just edit plist file every 7 days in the "FirstRun" key.

For all those that are still struggling to get this working on an iPhone (3GS /4), just use the following to create a new APN profile: http://www.unlockit.co.nz/

Add the APN settings previously mentioned in this thread. Save the profile and install it. Reboot and everything should start working. I have it working on 2 iPhone 4s.

ok I got the openvpn server and guizmovpn working.

you need a computer at home (etc) that is turned on when you need to browse.

You got me curious so I tried it. I configured OpenVPN on my Asus router (running Tomato USB) and guizmovpn on my wife's iPhone. It works like a charm. However, I would not suggest using this on a regular basis. When a safari or such connects to the proxy, it identifies itself as Safari. So it is actually very easy for Petro-Canada to detect you are not using a web browser. There are of course ways to spoof this... However, a more sophisticated approach is they could just try connecting to your "website" as a separate connection and pulling down the index.html. When they don't receive a standard web server response they'll know something is up. Of course they won't be able to say you are running open vpn, but they will know it is not a normal website.

The only reason it works now, is not enough people are using openvpn for them to bother to use these techniques to blacklist sites, and most users using this technique are probably not using enough data for them to bother to look at the proxy logs.

Need jb ipad/iphone. The guizmopn crk is incomplete, but its not that hard to fix just edit plist file every 7 days in the "FirstRun" key.

I think 5 euros is a reasonable price for this type of app, and far more convient than hacking a file on a regular basis.

Bill

25GB Cap? DIY Telnus prepaid/Koodo unlimited EVDO internet (for $10 per 2 months, to keep account "Active"), Max 3Mbps download speed, if you roam on Bell (free), then you get non-NATed IP

mobile files is reopened - Aug 11/2010
HoFo = censorship same as US censor wikileaks = china censor

I'm not sure if you posted that or if the site added that to your message. But taking a look, I see Koodo's cheapest data plan only has a 25MB cap, not a 25GB cap. Hardly seems worth it.

I know this is a long shot, but I need help setting up the web browsing on my Galaxy S2.
These are my APN settings

Name: test
APN: goam.com
Proxy: 10.128.1.69
Port: 80
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
Server: none
MMSC: http:/mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication type: not set
APN type: internet + mms
APN protocol: IPv4
APN enabled/disabled: enabled
bearer: unspecified

I can't seem to get a connection going, I enable use packet data and data roaming, network mode is on GSM/MCDMA (auto mode). When I scan for network operators I select Petro-Canada and when I click it it says registering on Petro-Canada, and then it says register complete. I set my homepage on Dolphin to wap:8582/start.wml, but I get nothing. What am I doing wrong? The texting works fine, I just can't get this web browsing set up properly.

mms setup and google exchanger server

MMSC: http:/mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS port: 80
APN type: internet + mms

Hi, I tried it with my nexus and I'm not able to send mms with these setting and also it break my internet setup.
In my config I have these settings and it work fine for the rest.
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not set
APN type: Not set

Also I noticed a lot of people search a way to get their mail push with petro-can. If you use gmail you can sync your contact, sync calender and push your emails by using corporate exchange server.

Open up the mail.app on android, Add an account. type in your full gmail username/full gmail password -> Click on manual setup -> Choose exchange
Or add an account in the settings and choose Corporate.

Domain -> your full gmail address
Password -> Your gmail password
Server -> m.google.com

It still doesn't work with gmail app, but work fine with email app.

WiFi Hotspot

Hi everyone,

I'm searching a way to share my 3G connection with petro-can with WiFi Hotspot. I look to buy a tablet and I would like to use the same connection trough my phone.
I tried FoxFi and PdaNet and it doesn't work, maybe I used the wrong settings.

thanks in advance.

use a mobile 3g router and a rogers rocketstick. works great man

:)
Hi everyone,

I'm searching a way to share my 3G connection with petro-can with WiFi Hotspot. I look to buy a tablet and I would like to use the same connection trough my phone.
I tried FoxFi and PdaNet and it doesn't work, maybe I used the wrong settings.

thanks in advance.

use a mobile 3g router and a rogers rocketstick. works great man

I inadvertently consumed > 2GB in < 7 days so Petro Canada has permanently removed the data option from my phone number's monthly plan. I had this confirmed by two different people at Petro Canada. So now when I renew the monthly plan with unlimited data, my Samsung Galaxy S2 no longer has data via the 10.128.1.69 proxy. However, if I power off the phone for about 60 minutes, and then power it on, on registering with the Petro Canada network the account once again can access the 10.128.1.69 proxy. This has consistently worked for the past two months.

Back