Now eligible for ANR plan... Can I get an iphone? Also, few other questions.

Maybe you should go work for COR.

Yep, sounds like you should work for COR. I still don't understand why you would want an iPhone when you're an agent. I would love to see you explain why you're trying to talk some guy into a blackberry instead of an iPhone and then he asks what you have and you say iPhone. Bam, sale lost. Or if it's really that bad then go work for a different company, I'm sure you can get T-Mobile's hottest phone or Verizon's hottest phone on their version of an ANR plan.

terhett said:
Yep, sounds like you should work for COR. I still don't understand why you would want an iPhone when you're an agent. I would love to see you explain why you're trying to talk some guy into a blackberry instead of an iPhone and then he asks what you have and you say iPhone. Bam, sale lost. Or if it's really that bad then go work for a different company, I'm sure you can get T-Mobile's hottest phone or Verizon's hottest phone on their version of an ANR plan.

1) Obviously, its not as easy as just picking up and moving to core. I have a job I like, and its not like I can walk into a core store and get a job. Don't be ridiculous. This is about a phone, not my life plan. Thats my entire point here. It's just a phone - let me have one.

2) You guys are buying into what AT&T is feeding you. It isn't always about the sale. I have sold thousands of phones at AT&T, and its very rare anyone asks to see my phone. It isn't necessary to pull out your personal phone to make a sale. If they asked, I would tell them the truth. Blackberries are much better in terms of business applications, better at email, better at typing, etc etc. iPhones are overpriced entertainment machines, and if you want one - get one. Everyone knows about the iphone and what it does. Pulling one out won't make or break a damn thing. That said, you could easily just leave your iphone in the back or in your car during your shift. Please don't tell me cell phone salesmen are all about honesty.

3) Wal-mart employees get 10% off at wal-mart. This isn't so they can show the groceries they bought to a customer on the way out. Best Buy employees get discounts on TVs, stereos, and cable. Again, not about the sale. Its about common decency and loyalty. The fact AT&T can deny you a phone and somehow you guys justify it is absurd. It's insanely terrible for morale, and the disenchanted employees will certainly harm the company more than letting a few have an iPhone.

Overall, its pretty obvious its a terrible business move that only harms their own damn employees, so please stop regurgitating information I would receive in a BS memo from AT&T.

TheMixer said:
1) Obviously, its not as easy as just picking up and moving to core. I have a job I like, and its not like I can walk into a core store and get a job. Don't be ridiculous. This is about a phone, not my life plan. Thats my entire point here. It's just a phone - let me have one.

2) You guys are buying into what AT&T is feeding you. It isn't always about the sale. I have sold thousands of phones at AT&T, and its very rare anyone asks to see my phone. It isn't necessary to pull out your personal phone to make a sale. If they asked, I would tell them the truth. Blackberries are much better in terms of business applications, better at email, better at typing, etc etc. iPhones are overpriced entertainment machines, and if you want one - get one. Everyone knows about the iphone and what it does. Pulling one out won't make or break a damn thing. That said, you could easily just leave your iphone in the back or in your car during your shift. Please don't tell me cell phone salesmen are all about honesty.

3) Wal-mart employees get 10% off at wal-mart. This isn't so they can show the groceries they bought to a customer on the way out. Best Buy employees get discounts on TVs, stereos, and cable. Again, not about the sale. Its about common decency and loyalty. The fact AT&T can deny you a phone and somehow you guys justify it is absurd. It's insanely terrible for morale, and the disenchanted employees will certainly harm the company more than letting a few have an iPhone.

Overall, its pretty obvious its a terrible business move that only harms their own damn employees, so please stop regurgitating information I would receive in a BS memo from AT&T.

1. You're not an employee of AT&T, you are employed by a dealer of AT&T.
2. Best Buy or Wal-Mart employees don't get discounts on products they don't carry, minus a few situations where the company may have an agreement with another company. They also aren't suppose to put an iPhone on their ANR plan and they do carry the iPhone.
3. You're right, rarely does someone ask what I'm using but it does happen. If it makes that one person walk, once a year, it's one too many. I take my job seriously even though I don't plan on doing this forever.
4. Just do it already and hope you don't get audited and they cancel your ANR, that would suck.
5. Blackberry's aren't necessarily better for business, experience may vary. I'm all about if the iPhone is what you want, get one, but while you're here let me show you some other stuff.
6. You can always have an iPhone on a normal consumer plan if it's that big of a deal.
7. I'm not against you here but AT&T is dumb as hell. Accept it and complain about something else.
8. Oh, and I never lie to my customers, never. I'm always completely honest, that's why they come back to me.

TheMixer said:
I have sold thousands of phones at AT&T, and its very rare anyone asks to see my phone.

That's a lot of phones in 90 days.

kirbo20 said:
That's a lot of phones in 90 days.

Technically I was eligible for ANR after 90 days, but like I said my RAE is lazy and never told me.

I've been working at this retailer for almost a year. I fibbed that bit in my OP because I didnt want to bore with the details.

Id estimate Ive sold at least a thousand, as I can sell 5-12 on any given shift. Very popular store.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Oh, and terhett, you made some good points. Even though we are franchised, we are still working for AT&T. I find it weird they wont just let us have their flagship phone.

It would be like Subway not allowing their employees to get a discount on a meatball sub because they are a franchise.

Bad metaphor, I know. But there are no good metaphors. AT&T is the only company I am aware of that has an oddball situation like this.

djh4601 said:
That's something you should have PM'ed. That's the ONLY hack I know of that will work with 3.0+ so please be careful putting it out there where the big T can find it.
Very common knowledge. ANDY FYI you can just edit the file yourself on the phone, u dont even have to go there...its just easier.

Hi I work with ATT as well and I asked for my old phone number from sprint to be ported but when my new phone got here today, they just gave me another temp number, does anyone know how I would port my number? The and website has no way of contacting them I need help or a phone number lol

via the HoFo App

Back