Official AT&T C-Band and DoD Upgrade Thread! "Post Your Market"

Ad Above Message List
No wonder AT&T doesn’t show these maps. Their mmWave coverage is still microscopic compared to Verizon’s!

Say what you will about Verizon investing so heavily into mmWave, but it’s the most future-proof spectrum range of all. All the carriers will need robust urban and dense suburban mmWave deployment by the 2030s.

I agree. Especially if mid-band continues to perform only slightly better than LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

I take it the iPhone 13 will be left out in the cold on this?

Correct...I don't think the 13 supports NSA n77 + n77 which is what I'm seeing in field test mode on my iPhone 14. I could be wrong though.

Correct...I don't think the 13 supports NSA n77 + n77 which is what I'm seeing in field test mode on my iPhone 14. I could be wrong though.

I may upgrade to the 15 next year.

I think that remains to be seen regarding n77+n77. CACombos is only aware of B41+n77+n77 support with NSA in the US, and that’s probably because nobody else has deployed more than one n77 carrier in the US yet until recently with AT&T.

I think the overriding issue is that the 3.45 GHz section of the band will be unsupported by the X60, even if it can aggregate 3.7-3.9 GHz n77+n77 due to AT&T’s backpedaling on DoD spectrum support for pre-2022 n77-capable UE. I guess what I’m saying is that we’ll probably have to wait until Verizon launches a second n77 carrier at 3.8 GHz to find out for sure what the X60’s limitations are in that band.

The iPhone 13 was certified with 3700-3980 and 3450-3550, just like a few Samsung devices like the S21 FE and Z Flip/Fold 3. I've heard it's due to insufficient filtering for out of band emissions on 3.45, but meh, neither AT&T or anyone else has provided technical data to back this up.

The iPhone 13 was certified with 3700-3980 and 3450-3550, just like a few Samsung devices like the S21 FE and Z Flip/Fold 3. I've heard it's due to insufficient filtering for out of band emissions on 3.45, but meh, neither AT&T or anyone else has provided technical data to back this up.

And it shouldn't matter how good the client device is at filtering n77 DoD for using it as downlink-only. Every device capable of both n77 and 2x NR CA should be capable of supplemental downlink n77 DoD. Fancy filtering only matters when using n77 DoD for uplink.

The funny thing is, is why bother putting that band in the phone if it has filtering issues? Is that something that could’ve been fixed with a software update? Or is it just hardware related?

Seeing some reports that ATT has cleared early B block of CBand in certain areas, meaning you can take advantage of full ~120mhz mid-band spectrum

Anyone else see similar? Still 40+40 here in NC...

They just upped my area to 80 mhz cband, dod is at 40, this is in Puyallup Washington
a8cbbe881ac90278b221d1f01dfedcb4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Seeing some reports that ATT has cleared early B block of CBand in certain areas, meaning you can take advantage of full ~120mhz mid-band spectrum

Anyone else see similar? Still 40+40 here in NC...

Seeing 80+40 as of this morning in the St. Louis suburbs.

There are several reports on Reddit of AT&T vacating their "interim" A block licenses for cleared B and C block licenses this week in the top 46 PEAs, and now using the full 80 MHz of spectrum, too. As a reminder, these were the markets where C-band at and above 3.8 GHz was not due to clear until the end of this year.

In a few Verizon Ericsson markets, Verizon has also expanded their first carrier to the full 100 MHz of A block and added a second n77 carrier in the B-block, utilizing all of their licensed spectrum, as well.

yep just went live for me. 80mhz full n77 + 40 mhz DOD for 120mhz aggregated. speeds improved a bit especially at range. Seems like ATT is capping these midband speeds/backhaul is limited to 1gbps.

Starting to see the 80MHz C-band carrier pop up in Louisville KY. This was originally a DoD only area. Screenshot_20230824_094742_SignalCheck%20Pro.jpgScreenshot_20230824_095022_Service%20mode%20RIL.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using HoFo mobile app

Stupid question, but are we still waiting on most places to clear? I could've sworn I saw that many were done early, presumably giving AT&T the ability to use it before December.

Back