PC Mobile Plans are pretty decent

kav2001c

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Fido
Device(s)
Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
There does not seem to be a PC Mobile forum? (like Solo & Virgin)
They have some very interesting plans that obviously are much better values than what Bell has (actually PC & Solo both seem better than Bell or Virgin...)

Bell $50 1000 local minutes + 150mb
PC $50 1000 national minutes + 1GB data
PC $65 is unlimited minutes & 2GB data
http://www.pcmobile.ca/monthly_plans_features.jsp

PC Mobile also does 18 (not 24) & 30 (not 36) month contracts and has lower hardware price than big3 or the flanker brands (& includes voicemail 10, where brands like Fido or Telus were voice mail 3)

Curious why no talk about them at all?

There's already a thread on this in the PC Mobile forum.

I could swear when I looked last week the plans weren't nationwide minutes but apparently they are. Seems like you get a $300 subsidy paid back in 30 months (2 and half years) on all the decent phones (S4, Nexus 4). So as far as contracts of that length go it's a pretty good price. Compared to Virgin it'd take 50 months to pay off a $300 tab on the $60 a month plan, so the extra $5 a month might be worth it. So seems like a good deal.

<add> I did alittle math, compared to Virgin it's a wash or slight difference on the $65 vs $60 plan, only comparing the $35 and $50 plans have an appreciable advantage for PCmobile. </add>

Last edited:
PC Mobile postpaid is actually a Telus MVNO, not Bell.

Of course, at the moment it's the same difference when it comes to the network, but I suspect this means your PC Mobile postpaid SIM would work in a locked Telus device but not a locked Bell device.

Bell Loses Again :clapping:

Pc mobile in prepaid are bell
Pc mobile in postpaid are telus

Sent with the HoFo App

Really... yes... but not surprising... telus make the deal

Sent with the HoFo App

OUCH!
Plans took a major hit in services.

Changed again
$35 plan was $45
$50 plan had only 500 mb not 1 gig
$65 plan had only 1 gig not 2 gigs