PC Mobile Unlimited Data CANCELED/REVOKED as of May 21, 2014 - DO panic

I have the original monthly ($5) on my primary line. I could give that a try as well, but I'd rather not do it right now due to having a large balance. I'd rather do it when I can run it down to zero instead.

I tested it, and I have the same result as Ian here, no overage charges observed in a 4 day span of running about 800MB for the first 3 days and checking balance right after and the next day (before running the data again). So I have just refilled one line to keep this going. Hope this lasts! (who knows, they can change it again at any time).

And I will try to test it on another one, but I have to refill it first as it's now suspended. Hope it will also be same. (all mine are daily ones).

Thanks to Ian and others to provide this tip!!

Still no takers on my post to sell the SIM. Oh well...

I just received this sms, so did my friend days ago.

"Free PC msg: Your monthly plan charge will be applied on Oct 4. To retrieve your balance call #7266 (free call)"

Anyone got this? Are we losing the pay per use plan?

I'll have to turn on the phone that contains the SIM and find out.

Yeah I turned on the phone containing the PCMO SIM and got the same message. Sent 1:04 PM EST September 28.

Well, current balance as of today is $78.90. This is consistent with where it should be on a daily basis. I'll monitor what happens.

I wonder if they are changing the per day limit to per month, starting on the said day (sad day? Haha).

I got the text, but it gave a date of Sep 30. I'll check tonight and tomorrow and report any change.

My friend has different date. Do you know if the date coincides with your own billing period?

My friend has different date. Do you know if the date coincides with your own billing period?

This is only on my $0.25/day data plan. On my other account with monthly billing that includes $5/month data, I got my usual monthly processing notice a few days ago.

I just checked my $0.25/day data plan's balance. It went down by 25 cents as usual since yesterday. My notice was for today, so I don't know what might have changed, if anything.

Whoa! In the last hour or two, many of my usual Web sites have become blank due to a new JavaScript dependency on address 64.230.195.105. A reverse lookup shows it as belonging to inbn1-toronto63_lo0.net.bell.ca. And just now, after I have a reply to this thread, HoFo formatting is all messed up! I normally use NoScript with this browser, so I can see changes that might be hidden to others. I suspect that Bell has upgraded its spying as many other ISP's have done, using on-the-fly rewriting of HTML and script. It is not happening with HTTPS sites.

Thanks for the update and also this info. Should I turn on VPN from now on? Haha. Yes still many websites don't have HTTPS.

I'm still at $0.25/day as usual today. Perhaps this text message that we got was some errant thing, that only applies to some other types of (monthly) accounts. Frankly, the notice for my monthly account is pretty unreliable, so I'd assume that this is a glitch instead of an harbinger of doom.

Good, thanks. And my friend said there have been similar messages some time ago before also.

Yeah I turned on the phone containing the PCMO SIM and got the same message. Sent 1:04 PM EST September 28.

Well, current balance as of today is $78.90. This is consistent with where it should be on a daily basis. I'll monitor what happens.

OK well on the 29th my balance was $78.90 and 6 days later it's $1.50 less which is exactly where it should be. No larger charge was applied. Self Serve is still showing Per Day Mobile Browser.

A little O.T. Here, I see this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870283 . So I wonder if this might affect pc mobile our plan? Could it be possible that it's our old SIM card that is not LTE compatible ( since other providers you need to swap old SIM to get LTE) , and not provisioning? The difficult is the high risk for trying to get this SIM swap as you might lose the plan during the switch and it's worse.

Cannot connect. See answers at RFD forum. The carrier accidentally changed something so all not working. They fixed it after a day. Surprised no discussions here at all.

A little O.T. Here, I see this thread http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1870283 . So I wonder if this might affect pc mobile our plan? Could it be possible that it's our old SIM card that is not LTE compatible ( since other providers you need to swap old SIM to get LTE) , and not provisioning? The difficult is the high risk for trying to get this SIM swap as you might lose the plan during the switch and it's worse.

Following up after months... has anyone tried to upgrade their formerly unlimited PC Mobile data to LTE?

Back