PC Mobile: Unlimited Web Browsing $7/Month - Including SmartPhones

After it was offered on HSPA, some users pressed their luck and got into several gigabytes. I wish that I could find the original thread. You might want to scour this one: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1694940-PC-Mobile-selling-SIMs-now . The issue was in the past by the time that I mentioned it here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1740378-PC-Mobile-unlimited-data! .

Basically, if you are an habitually heavy user, I would say that you should expect some blowback for consuming many gigabytes. It's clear from their offerings since discontinuing the unlimited option that PC Mobile and Bell were only thinking about feature phones with consumption of less than 100 MB/month. They probably figured that they would minimise costs by not even doing the billing per megabyte. That doesn't mean that they don't measure it behind the scenes.

I typically consume less than 1 GB/month, but it might have gone over that from time to time. I have never had any issues with the unlimited option, whether it's the $0.25/day version or the original $5/month version.

Based on your description in that RFD thread, the blowback was to drain your account, give you the runaround when you call, eventually give a false explanation that the unlimited data option isn't available on HSPA... but then to leave the option enabled.

I guess we now know that there is an undocumented limit, somewhere between 1GB and 90GB, that has some very odd consequences.

are there any plans for this $7 UMB to reappear later on?

I have been using my PC Mobile 25 cents a day UMB without problems for about two years. On Friday, I started getting the following message whenever I try to run a Google search:

We're sorry...but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

All other Internet access appears to be working OK. I just can't run Google searches. I get the same problem using the SIM in a Huawei Y300 and a Samsung Galaxy S2X.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Back