Something Bad Is Coming For Legacy T-Mobile Customers

Ad Above Message List
Not a chance that they didn't consult their own attorneys before deciding to allow the price change. I am certain that no matter what the old promotion promised there will be some expiration date buried in the microprint. I am not defending anybody, just offering my opinion.

Yeah, that’s a good point! But I still think there might be some kind of lawsuit initiated by someone. Whether that person wins or not is a whole other story.

Keep in mind that consumers don't have the right to file a class action lawsuit, binding arbitration (or mediation) is how these things are settled. FCC/FTC rulings are a "horse of another color".

Yup. I expect, at worse, this will be mostly bad PR, and possibly some visible punishment in some states, like CA by AG through some advocacy groups.
If anything, this would end up, in some states like At&t's old unlimited data plan

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using HoFo mobile app

Not a chance that they didn't consult their own attorneys before deciding to allow the price change. I am certain that no matter what the old promotion promised there will be some expiration date buried in the microprint. I am not defending anybody, just offering my opinion.

You’re not wrong, but, companies get sued and lose all the time that have likely “consulted their attorneys” beforehand. The punishment for T-Mobile (if there was any) likely is worth the risk. For example, a 200 million dollar fine or settlement for a company is worth it, if the increased revenue is 400 million.

my two decades old plan is still going on, no heard price increase for it...
last 5-year the so called taxes already skyrocketed

Yup. I expect, at worse, this will be mostly bad PR, and possibly some visible punishment in some states, like CA by AG through some advocacy groups.
If anything, this would end up, in some states like At&t's old unlimited data plan

It’s very possible that they’ll get away with this, but you’re gonna have a whole bunch of pissed off customers. I gotta admit T-Mobile got people good with the price lock guarantee marketing campaign. Let’s see if it bites them in the***with churn.

Yup. I suspect that this is why Sievert sold off 40,000 shares. Tbh, DT has been selling off quite a bit.
In the bigger picture, their Arpu is slightly down, and lower by percentage than At&t by about 2%.

I suspect that churn will be at one of 2 times.
1. Immediately for some
2. Before end of summer for others.

Yup. I suspect that this is why Sievert sold off 40,000 shares. Tbh, DT has been selling off quite a bit.
In the bigger picture, their Arpu is slightly down, and lower by percentage than At&t by about 2%.

Almost sounds like they wanna sell the USA division?

Not a chance that they didn't consult their own attorneys before deciding to allow the price change. I am certain that no matter what the old promotion promised there will be some expiration date buried in the microprint.
Well, there's no expiration date in any microprint. Years later (in 2022) they simply decided to unilaterally say, yes we promised not to raise the rates, but if we do, we'll give the customer a credit for their final month of service if they decide they want to leave.

However, that was not in the terms when John Legere made the original promise. He simply said, if you sign up for this plan, your plan won't increase.

With that being said, T-Mobile is saying, hey we'll take our chances in court if and when somebody tries to sue us.

i may be mistaken but I do not believe any business accounts have received price increase notices

i believe all consumer Megenta BTS(Beyond the smartphone including tablet, watches, hotspots) have gotten $ 2 per line increases
No increase notice yet on our 8 business lines. (about $210/mo)

In the end, i have to be rational about this:
1. At the end of the day, is TMobile still less expensive than At&t or Verizon on postpaid?
2. Are the others any better "where I need/use service " ?
3. Should i go prepaid?
4. Are TMobiles Tuesday offers really worth anything?
5. Don't think that At&t/Verizon won't raise rates (again) either.

I haven't seen a notice/text from TMobile yet, so ... ill wait.

This is very true. I'm on the 1 line Magenta 55+ plan, $50/month w/taxes and fees included. I haven't received a text yet either, but a $5 price increase and taxes and fees still included, still a better option for me. AT&T is $75/month w/AARP discount before taxes (around $10/month in Chicago-Cook County) so about a $30/month savings, or Verizon's $90/month plan before taxes, so about a $45/month savings. These are the high end plans which would give me the similar perks to the 55+ Magenta plan. My auto pay is scheduled for June 3rd and would expect a text shortly after that.

Can we class action sue AT&T and Verizon over this?

*sarcasm*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t believe there have been any reports of increases on business plans yet.
also i have heard people on the oldest and least expensive plans such as those prior to simple choice have not seen increases

Moved two of my four lines out today and working on the other two. The BS requiring a debit card was the first straw. The hacking of private data and lack of security for SIM swaps was another straw. This price increase is the last straw.

Can we class action sue AT&T and Verizon over this?

*sarcasm*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The irony ... AT&T and Verizon are both suing T-Mobile over price increases.

Back