didouche

HoFo Member
Carrier(s)
Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
1. Where do I get information on PC Mobile

Website: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/PCTelecom/PCMobile/Default.aspx

At any Loblaws location as well.

2. What type of service do they offer?

Basically they offer a prepaid service. Meaning there is no activation fee, no contracts.

3. What did of phones can I use with them?

PC Mobile works on the Bell Mobility network therefore you would be using their CDMA network and some of their phones.

You can view the phones they offer here:
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/PCTelecom/PCMobile/phones.aspx

4. What type of coverage do they have?

Since they use the Bell Mobility Network the coverage is the same. Roaming in the USA is also allowed.
Roaming allows you to use your phone in most cities when traveling across North America. Please note that if you use the roaming services, roaming charges apply. To register for the roaming program please contact customer service by dialing #PCMO, free from your PC mobile phone, or 1-866-525-PCMO (7266).

Here is the map: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/DocDownloads/PCMobileCoverageMap.pdf

5. What rates do they offer?

Right Now, they offer a 20 cents per minute rate with 2 vouchers:

-15$ for 75 minutes for 30 days
-25$ for 125 minutes for 60 days

6. How do I refill?

-Top up with PC mobile top-up cards that you can find at participating stores where President's Choice products are sold. Keep in mind PC top up cards can only be used on PC mobile phones.

-Top up with your PC MasterCard and earn PC points that you can redeem for PC mobile top up cards.

-You can use any major credit card to top up your PC mobile account - just provide the credit card number and expiry date when you call customer service at 1-866-525-PCMO (7266).

-go with pre-authorized top-up from your credit card whenever your PC mobile account balance drops below $5 or expires. Be sure to ask PC mobile customer service for complete details about how this works.

To do the refill just dial #PCMO free from your PC mobile phone, or 1-866-525-PCMO (7266) from any other phone.

7. What are the services that are included?

-FREE call display

-voicemail3 Airtime charges apply from your PC mobile phone. It's free to retrieve messages from any other phone.

-call waiting

-call forwarding

-3-way calling

-text messaging: Incoming messages are free. Outgoing messages sent within Canada and the USA are 15¢ each. Additional charges apply for premium messages (ie. text voting, contests, chatting, registration confirmation received from a website, text alerts).
Interntional text messassing is allowed and charged at 20 cents per msg
Here is a list of countries where sms are allowed but not guaranteed: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/docdownloads/en/international_sms_countries_12_05.pdf
internet browsing and download capability: Read and send e-mails and download ring tones, screensavers and games.

- U also get a $10 start-up credit so you can start using your phone right away

8. How do you activate for new phone?

Step 1
Make sure your phone's battery is fully charged before you use it for the first time. The user manual explains how to do this.

Step 2
Call 1-866-858-2085 from any other phone to reach the PC mobile activation centre. You will be provided with your PC mobile phone number and your $10 start-up credit will be loaded onto your account. The activation centre is available to assist you 7 days a week, excluding statutory holidays, as follows:

Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

9. What happens if my account balance expires?

If your account balance reaches expiry, you have 240 days to top up your account before your service is disconnected. If that happens, you may also lose your PC mobile phone number. Fortunately, you can reconnect your PC mobile service, but additional charges will apply and a new mobile number may be assigned to you.

10.Are there any monthly service charges or system access fees to pay?

There are no system access fees with PC mobile. Currently, a monthly service charge is required by the provincial governments for 911 service in the following provinces:

* $0.49 Saskatchewan
* $0.43 Nova Scotia
* $0.53 New Brunswick
* $0.50 PEI

11. What is PC mobile satisfaction warranty period?

If you are not satisfied with your PC mobile phone within 14 days of purchasing it, you may return the phone for a full refund of its purchase price only. Any usage charges prior to return, such as airtime, long distance, additional services, etc., are not refundable. The phone must be returned to its original point of purchase, in its original condition, with all original packaging and components intact.

didouche said:
1. Where do I get information on PC Mobile

Website: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/PCTelecom/PCMobile/Default.aspx

At any Loblaws location as well.

2. What type of service do they offer?

Basically they offer a prepaid service. Meaning there is no activation fee, no contracts.

PC Mobile works on the Bell Mobility network therefore you would be using their CDMA network and some of their phones.

You can view the phones they offer here:
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/PCTelecom/PCMobile/phones.aspx

4. What type of coverage do they have?

Since they use the Bell Mobility Network the coverage is the same. Roaming in the USA is also allowed.
Roaming allows you to use your phone in most cities when traveling across North America. Please note that if you use the roaming services, roaming charges apply. To register for the roaming program please contact customer service by dialing #PCMO, free from your PC mobile phone, or 1-866-525-PCMO (7266).

Here is the map: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/DocDownloads/PCMobileCoverageMap.pdf

5. What rates do they offer?

Right Now, they offer a 20 cents per minute rate with 2 vouchers:

-15$ for 75 minutes for 30 days
-25$ for 125 minutes for 60 days

6. How do I refill?

-Top up with PC mobile top-up cards that you can find at participating stores where President's Choice products are sold. Keep in mind PC top up cards can only be used on PC mobile phones.

-Top up with your PC MasterCard and earn PC points that you can redeem for PC mobile top up cards.

-You can use any major credit card to top up your PC mobile account - just provide the credit card number and expiry date when you call customer service at 1-866-525-PCMO (7266).

-go with pre-authorized top-up from your credit card whenever your PC mobile account balance drops below $5 or expires. Be sure to ask PC mobile customer service for complete details about how this works.

To do the refill just dial #PCMO free from your PC mobile phone, or 1-866-525-PCMO (7266) from any other phone.

7. What are the services that are included?

-FREE call display

-voicemail3 Airtime charges apply from your PC mobile phone. It's free to retrieve messages from any other phone.

-call waiting

-call forwarding

-3-way calling

-text messaging: Incoming messages are free. Outgoing messages sent within Canada and the USA are 15¢ each. Additional charges apply for premium messages (ie. text voting, contests, chatting, registration confirmation received from a website, text alerts).
Interntional text messassing is allowed and charged at 20 cents per msg
Here is a list of countries where sms are allowed but not guaranteed: http://www.presidentschoice.ca/docdownloads/en/international_sms_countries_12_05.pdf
internet browsing and download capability: Read and send e-mails and download ring tones, screensavers and games.

- U also get a $10 start-up credit so you can start using your phone right away

8. How do you activate for new phone?

Step 1
Make sure your phone's battery is fully charged before you use it for the first time. The user manual explains how to do this.

Step 2
Call 1-866-858-2085 from any other phone to reach the PC mobile activation centre. You will be provided with your PC mobile phone number and your $10 start-up credit will be loaded onto your account. The activation centre is available to assist you 7 days a week, excluding statutory holidays, as follows:

Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

9. What happens if my account balance expires?

If your account balance reaches expiry, you have 240 days to top up your account before your service is disconnected. If that happens, you may also lose your PC mobile phone number. Fortunately, you can reconnect your PC mobile service, but additional charges will apply and a new mobile number may be assigned to you.

10.Are there any monthly service charges or system access fees to pay?

There are no system access fees with PC mobile. Currently, a monthly service charge is required by the provincial governments for 911 service in the following provinces:

* $0.49 Saskatchewan
* $0.43 Nova Scotia
* $0.53 New Brunswick
* $0.50 PEI

11. What is PC mobile satisfaction warranty period?

If you are not satisfied with your PC mobile phone within 14 days of purchasing it, you may return the phone for a full refund of its purchase price only. Any usage charges prior to return, such as airtime, long distance, additional services, etc., are not refundable. The phone must be returned to its original point of purchase, in its original condition, with all original packaging and components intact.

Are you working for PC Mobile too now, didouche? :confused:

nope just got the info from the website because I wanted to know about it :D

didouche said:
nope just got the info from the website because I wanted to know about it :D

LOL... :lolup: Good job on the info anyways :2thumbs:

shouldn't this be a sticky?

Just so you know the people at Loblaws know nothing more about PCMobile than what the pamphlets there say. I know because I work at a Loblaws and often at the customer service desk. We don't know jack.

Oni-kun said:
Just so you know the people at Loblaws know nothing more about PCMobile than what the pamphlets there say. I know because I work at a Loblaws and often at the customer service desk. We don't know jack.

If you don't know Jack do you know Jill? :)

Oni-kun said:

I can confirm that :hehehe:
Any time I have asked in Store or even over the phone at 'tech support' they cant tell me jack.

I can confirm that too.

I just went to 4 Loblaws looking for one of their $79 specials. All sold out.

Phoned CS asking which Loblaws in Toronto had them. He asks where are you calling from. Toronto I say. What Province he says?

You are correct sir Loblaws has them. I said "No they don't, they are sold out"

Then he says try MAXI or Provigo. We all know where Maxi and Provigo are.

This guy must have been in a call centre in New Delhi

I found one at Fortinos

cedee said:
Phoned CS asking which Loblaws in Toronto had them. He asks where are you calling from. Toronto I say. What Province he says?

Is there more than one Toronto in Canada besides in Ontario?? Is there one in Saskatchewan or Alberta? :)

Saskatchewan could have one for all we know, a town of 50 people, they do have a Kandahar so anything is possible :eek:

Hans_Moleman said:
Saskatchewan could have one for all we know, a town of 50 people, they do have a Kandahar so anything is possible :eek:

Well, if it exists why don't you tell us where it exists? :)

There is a Toronto Ohio, a Toronto South Dakota as well as a Toronto Kansas!

I don't think Loblaw's has a branch store in any of those three however :)

Telekom said:
Well, if it exists why don't you tell us where it exists? :)

There is a Toronto Ohio, a Toronto South Dakota as well as a Toronto Kansas!

I don't think Loblaw's has a branch store in any of those three however :)

there's also an Ottawa, Kansas and a Kingston, Kansas.

Cant they come up with their own city names?

... Maybe they all blew away.

RadicalFunk said:
there's also an Ottawa, Kansas and a Kingston, Kansas.

Cant they come up with their own city names?

... Maybe they all blew away.

I think the state of Oregon however is the champ at appropriating names from other localities.

I'd like to use a Bell phone on PC Mobile

The FAQ on this forum says the following.

Does PC Mobile allow you to activate an existing Bell phone? To clarify, I mean a phone that was formerly on a Bell account.

An FAQ at PC Mobile's site says the following.

2. Do I need a PC mobile phone to use your service, or can I use a phone from another service provider?
Yes, you will need a PC mobile phone to enjoy PC mobile service. Unfortunately, phones from other services providers cannot be used...

Does that also apply to all Bell phones?

Last edited:
I doubt it. They're a low end provider, I doubt they have anyone there with the know how to get a bell phone working on PCM.

Can you unlock a pc phone and use it on another bell system?

:confused: I got an aliant contract with many years left on it, my samsung phone is total crap, I wanted to transfer my pc phone over to my aliant contract but there's an ever-loving 10 digit security code locking me out of nam programming (Nokia 2855i). Any way to get them to let me use it?

US Roaming Charges

Just called the CSR about US Roaming. It's $1.80 to roam, and $0.99 for long distance to the US and Canada.

Maxi and Provigo can be found everywhere in Quebec!
Maxi has the nokia 2855 for 30$ this week

Back