The PC Mobile FAQ

delineate said:
Just called the CSR about US Roaming. It's $1.80 to roam, and $0.99 for long distance to the US and Canada.

That 1000+% markup sounds about right for LD to the US :) T-Mobile only has a 200% markup :) (Typically it costs 5¢ per minute or less to call either Canada or the US.)

Telekom said:
Well, if it exists why don't you tell us where it exists? :)

There is a Toronto Ohio, a Toronto South Dakota as well as a Toronto Kansas!

I don't think Loblaw's has a branch store in any of those three however :)

I am from Prince Edward Island and on PEI, there is also a place named Toronto and Alaska. Living there for years, I never even knew the places existed until last year.

migo said:
I doubt it. They're a low end provider, I doubt they have anyone there with the know how to get a bell phone working on PCM.

To my knowledge, PC mobile is a cdma NETWORK, like Bell, Virgin, Telus, Solo, Kodoo, so any CDMA phone cannot work on another network.

ErikaW said:
To my knowledge, PC mobile is a cdma NETWORK, like Bell, Virgin, Telus, Solo, Kodoo, so any CDMA phone cannot work on another network.

huh?
there is nothing preventing a CDMA phone from being used on another network except the provider. the provider makes the decision to block foreign ESN numbers from being used on their system.

ErikaW said:
Pretty bad knowledge. Carriers simply block foreign ESNs, as posted above.
The phones can also have different "software" (in reality the preferred roaming list) and that's the excuse they'll give you about why you can't bring a SaskTel phone into Bell. (Not like they ever allowed something like that in the past. ;) )

Working at Loblaws and selling those PC phones, I can tell FOR SURE that Bell reps tell customers to get the PC phones and activate it on their Bell lines.

For one time, we had the Nokia 2855i for something like 50$ and all the Espace Bell reps send their customers to my Loblaws buying the 50$ phone, because Bell sold it for like 200$. So I know you can activate a PC phone on a Bell line.

From what I heard, though, is that Bell isin't allowing that anymore and apparently blocked PC's ESN numbers.

Does anyone know the flex plan 25 get how many minutes? can't seem to find any info on that on their website, call CS but nobody there

Back