Why not nationalize telecoms?

Ironically, I feel the same is true about the American telecoms. Good article.

Essential is to control costs and to IMRPOVE customer support. Nationalizing or not, controlling costs and improving customer & technical support and necessary.

But in Jean Chretien's own words "we live in the greatest country in the world". Maybe for him on a nice government pension on the backs of Canadian tax-payers.

I do not use a cell phone in Canada...I get the bare minimum of $180 per year, and that will likely change. But when in Europe and Australia and buying my pre-paid plans, it reminds me how backward Canada is.

Having worked at a large Telus dealer from 1998 to 2009 and a smaller one after that, at the head office level;

I can unequivocally state that nationalizing the wireless industry is a good idea, however the current government type, and people would not be trustworthy enough to make it happen.

#TheCitizensCorps

Having worked at a large Telus dealer from 1998 to 2009 and a smaller one after that, at the head office level;

I can unequivocally state that nationalizing the wireless industry is a good idea, however the current government type, and people would not be trustworthy enough to make it happen.

#TheCitizensCorps
The issue that I see is that nationalizing the industry eliminates competition at the very root. For example, if a company wins the bid to operate that system and is doing a poor job, consumers would typically have to wait several years for that provider's contract to end before a new company wins the new contract in that scenario.

Be careful what you wish for. Just saying.......

Back